Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. In addition, your insurance company may require pre-certification for certain procedures.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- Completed personal information and medical history forms
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the appropriate insurance cards. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Many conditions we treat are covered by Medical Insurance, as opposed to or in addition to Dental Insurance. Some of these are impacted wisdom teeth, pathology, TMJ disorders and trauma. If your insurance plan requires a referral to a specialist from your primary care physician (PCP), please bring it with you
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your surgery. This includes water. You will also need an adult to remain in the waiting room and drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.